Having a mold inspections Toronto team conduct an inspection inside our abodes is an intelligent idea. These people are the experts in this matter, and therefore, they are the only ones we can trust to make our home completely mold-free. Even if we exert our best efforts in searching for molds in all the areas of our homes, we cannot be 100% sure if we’re even able to eliminate 50% of them.
Breeding Areas for Molds in Our Homes: Spots Where Mold Inspections Toronto Teams Would Suspect the Presence of Molds.
There are health consequences of having molds around, so you better know the places where most likely mold inspections Toronto crews would go to inspect.
- Basement – This is the area with the highest level of humidity. It is because, through the walls and the floor, it is easier for moisture to seep in. Additionally, it is also the place where temperature is lowest and air circulation poorest. Heating the basement to at least 60 degrees can minimize formation of molds.
- Storage Items – This is most true about storage compartments that are made of organic materials. If those storage boxes have been lying on the floor or close to it for some time now, then there is probability that some moisture had already seeped in through the material and molds have already formed on some of the items inside. Go through these boxes and then wash mold-infested items with water or alcohol.
- Walls and Ceilings – Wooden house materials are highly susceptible to mold formation, especially if your house is old. If you see any sign of water presence on walls, beams or ceilings, then those parts should be immediately replaced. Once these parts are infested, they cannot be repaired to a condition that does not allow mold formation. They have to be replaced with new materials. Even mold inspections Toronto people would advise you to do the same.
- Baths and Kitchens – Moisture is highest in these places and this is inevitable. But in these places, it is easier to recognize mold formation and so, you wouldn’t need any mold inspections Toronto expert for that – except if there is infestation happening inside the ceiling that’s hidden from your view. For that, you just need to ask them on you how can improve ventilation in these areas.
Also, examine cupboards and other storage areas for foods, cooking ingredients and old bottles.
- Carpets – This also includes rugs which you can find everywhere in the house. Once water gets into these materials, they become susceptible to molds. Therefore, go around the house and inspect all corners and storage quarters. You might have left some rugs stuck there and have forgotten about them.
For carpets, inspect for presence of moisture underneath and within the material. For that, also go over the rubber carpets inside your car.
- Duct Systems – Water condensation is not far from occurring inside the duct system. And it could be that much of these molds are already sitting there for some time. Ask those mold inspections Toronto people what can be done about this.